So my story wanted to kill me.
It was fundamentally Wrecked, capital "W" and a problem beyond standard first draft crappiness.
But, the 99% solution (and I found the other 1%) was in that ending.
So today, revision. The one big pass probably not going to be a thing because it was wrecked. But two passes. Intensive work. I actually have this.
The first draft cover looks pretty awesome...and when I see the form the beast takes, then I'll be spiffin' 'er up.